first annualHoney Bee Folk FestivalOldenburg HouseTWO DAY PASS | $30
FRIDAY DAY PASS | $20
SATURDAY DAY PASS | $20
Help Spread the Word
POSTER/FLIER DOWNLOAD PDF
FACEBOOK EVENT PAGE
Our first annual Honeybee Folk Festival will feature local bands from the Northland and a few surprises from outside our region. In addition to truly great music (FRIDAY 8/3: Northern Shoveler, Gossamer Strings, Lowland Lakers, Black River Revue and SATURDAY 8/4: Moonlight Community, Northern Shoveler, Woodblind, Feeding Leroy, and LASKA) we are going to have quite a bit of information and fun pollinator friendly activity goin on.
We plan to start celebrating the honeybee on Friday 3:00 pm with an pronouncement from the Mayor of Carlton and the Carlton City Council stating the City of Carlton has become a Pollinator Friendly Town as outlined by the Pollinate Minnesota organization.
Special Pollinator Friendly Activites
- City of Carlton – a Pollinator Friendly Town
- Honey Bee Poem and Story Hour
- Bees and Blooms Hike – Jay Cooke State Park
- Bee Lodge Construction
- Presentations from Master Gardeners – U of MN Extension
- Beeswax candles
- Health/beauty products
- Hives and beekeeping supplies
- Cough syrup
- Pollinator-friendly perennials
- Area potters and artists who have incorporated bee images into their work
- Honey based fruit spritzers and made-from-honey alcohol products (White Winter Winery)
- Pollinators Blend Peace Coffee (Magnolia Cafe)
- Food items that include honey
This activity is made possible in part by the voters of Minnesota through a grant from the Arrowhead Regional Arts Council, thanks to a legislative appropriation from the arts and cultural heritage fund.